Wednesday, October 2, 2024

October 2, 2024

It's Wednesday and you know what that means...

Today, All Elite Wrestling Dynamite has entered its 5th year as a television show. I watched it for the first 12 months, but I stepped away because the IWC at Twitter cyberbullied me, mocked me and attacked my personal life which lead to my departure from the platform and its toxic fanbase.

In the 5 years AEW became a wrestling product for everyone to enjoy, there were a bunch of mistakes and problems high as a skyscraper. In the 99 problems in AEW video I watched, the two, or maybe 3 problems this brand still have are Tony Khan's "announcements" to hype and geek the fans up. The other problem AEW is having is the toxic fanbase. In the 5 years this product been in existance, AEW has the most toxic fanbase ever. More toxic than WWE, more toxic than TNA and more toxic than Ring of Honor.

The loyal diehards of the IWC will do everything in their power to make it their mission to bully those who try to criticize or disagree with the direction the product is heading, a wrestler's title reign being favored, and they also bully those if they don't understand the product or never seen a wrestling show on TV or in person. After leaving Twitter 4 years ago as of this writing, I had to experience and endure these kind of events being tolerated by those who are responsible for creating a toxic environment in the wrestling community since 2006.

But as of this writing, it's really been 4 years since I left a platform that tolerates cyberbullying and toxicity. It really makes me cry thinking about these things, because Twitter has really dropped the ball on their cyberbullying and safety protocols to prevent people from being harassed and cyberbullied by the aggressors. Sad to say, it continues to drop the ball under a pestulant manchild Elon Musk who just sits on his ass puffing dollar signs from a smoked cigar allowing these events to happen to please himself.

I made a few friends in the wrestling community, but I turned away from them on Twitter and other platforms. Before I left Instagram a year ago, I had to remove and block a toxic wrestling fan who runs the Big Fight Feel channel on YouTube for calling out people who try to criticize MJF's title run. After watching that video, that was it for me. I not only removed and block his Instagram profile, but I blocked his YouTube channel after I was his subscriber for 2 years.

With the airing of AEW Dynamite's 5th year on television as a wrestling show, I've been thinking about whether if I should quit being an AEW follower for real, block the two channels that carried AEW or both. In the end, I had the strength and courage to do both of those things and me doing these wrestling results has been very short but sweet after a couple of weeks, because tomorrow will be the very last time I'm doing the AEW results on the anniversary of my departure from Twitter. Being a part of the IWC can really cost me my mental health, my wellbeing and it also has cost me my peace of mind and I'm afraid to talk to my friends and even my mother about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment