Monday, September 30, 2024

September 30, 2024

Hey y'all, what's going on?

As you can tell by the calendar on my desktop, it says that the month of September is drawing to a close. I'm just happy that the fall season arrived last week where the temps got cooler and the leaves changes color as part of its fall foliage.

I'm getting myself a new phone this week, because the one I currently got just gave up upgrading and updating. We were suppose to take it to Xfinity to get the data and stuff upgraded, but that didn't happen. 

Today's September 30th and it has been 4 years since I've been heavily cyberbullied by the toxic internet wrestling community aka the IWC, because I called out and criticized a vignette that featured ex-AEW wrestler Miro and disgraced recordholder Billy Mitchell. Billy Mitchell, if you remember back in 2018, cheated his way into the record books by using software to get record scores in Donkey Kong. To prove that I've been cyberbullied, here's a screenshot I took on the night I criticized that vignette with Billy Mitchell in it.


This is where this user on Twitter retweeted my post after I stood up to him saying that he's hereby blocked and reported calling me a "clown." Because of his behavior, he would get on anyone and call out anyone who try to criticize anything they see on a wrestling show. That, right there, is grade A tribalism and gatekeeping. I reported the staff on him for this incident, but reporting the user didn't cure the remedy and did not punish the user.

But this is where it gets better from there. I tried to get everyone to hear my side of what happened, but I received little to no feedback or comforting words of support from no one. An AEW fangirl stood by and defended the incident and called me out for standing up to the user after I've been called out and calling me out of my name.  After the cyberbullying I had to endure on Twitter, I was on the verge of breaking down and cried very hard. Then , I had a chance to talk to those who would want to listen after what the aggressor(s) had done to me. I was gonna take a month off at first, but the platform has left me with no other alternative but for me to leave Twitter after 10 months on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020.

However, I gave Twitter a 2nd chance in January of 2021, but the cyberbullying carried on in the hands of a different user with this tweet below.


With that tweet I've just read, that was the straw that really broke the camel's back. And finally in July, I left that toxic platform for good. It not only took a toll of my life, but it has taken a toll of my mental health, my wellbeing and it has taken a toll of my personal life the IWC fanbase attacked. If a genie grants me up to 3 wishes in this society, the 1st one on the top of the list would be for everyone to just watch a decent wrestling show on TV or in person without getting themselves involved in the IWC fanbase where there's a lot of tribalism, gatekeeping and immaturity being tolerated.

I watched AEW full-time right up until the cyberbullying took place on Twitter, but I made a decision for me to quit watching AEW or any other wrestling show on TV. Making that decision has been very tough on me then and it's been tough on me now after watching a video by a wrestling fan calling people out for trying to criticize MJF's title reign last year. After I saw that video, I went on Instagram where I removed and blocked that wrestling fan for gatekeeing. In addition, I quit following AEW, because that company has a lot of toxic fanbase who celebrates ignorance.

With that lesson learned the hard way, I'm no longer a wrestling fan full-time after some 27 years. Since then, I'm struggling with my mental health, trying to regain friendships with others and it's something that takes time and it's being done one step at a time.

Always be yourself, always be you 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment