This is a transcript of what I wrote on MS Notepad 6 years ago on October 3, 2020 titled "I've Been Bullied on Twitter" and I take this time to share this with you. This is slightly edited before I made this entry post a moment ago.
As the subject title implies, I'm going to do my best to tell you what happened and what drove me to leave Twitter earlier today.
On Wednesday night, September 30th during the edition of AEW Dynamite on TNT, I went on Twitter and I spoke out about the disgraced arcade recordholder Billy Mitchell aka "King of Kong." Mitchell, if you may recall 2 years ago, was banned from Twin Galaxies and voided his record scores for using hardware to cheat his way into the record books. After I spoke out about Mitchell, a deranged fan called me out within moments after the vignette. When I saw that tweet, I fired back at the fan and moments later, that fan had the audacity to copy and paste a snapshot of my own tweets onto his profile and called me a "clown" in front of the fan's followers. After that, another deranged fan happens to be a loyal AEW fangirl posted a tweet calling me out for standing up to the deranged fan I fired back at.
The very next morning after that bullying scandal on Twitter, I was on the verge of breaking down and I did. I broke down and cried hard. Later that day, I spoke to a couple of people and they had the courage to listen to me and hear me out which they did. Today, I've decided to take a month off, but a female wrestling fan had the gall to accuse me and I barked back at her which led me to muting and blocking her. Finally, after some 10 months of being in this toxic environment and being bullied by deranged football and wrestling fans, Twitter left me no other alternavtive but for me to shut my account down for good.
Everytime I try to fact check or even stand up to people, they berate me, laugh at me, mock me and everything they do in their own power to earn rewards for bullying people, including me. I'm a lot better than this, in fact, we're ALL better than this and no one deserves to be bullied by a bunch of deranged fans no matter the fanbase they're a part of. I'm different from everyone else and I'm not like everyone else, but I just wish that this ongoing trend called bullying, online and in real life, needs to end here and now.
Thanks for listening
No comments:
Post a Comment